Are you an experienced and dedicated engineer with passion for sustainable practice and environmentally correct recycling of offshore structures? We have an excellent opportunity for you. Modern American Recycling Services A/S Europe (M.A.R.S) is a leading player in the ship recycling industry and we are seeking a highly skilled engineer to support our Operations Cleaning Manager in preparing our offshore installations for safe recycling. You will have special focus on mapping and sampling for Natural Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) together with other hazardous substances like Mercury and hydrocarbons.
At M.A.R.S, we are committed to promoting responsible and eco-friendly ship recycling practices. We strive to achieve the highest standards of safety, environmental compliance, and operational efficiency in our industry. As our new mapping and sampling engineer, you will play a crucial role in preparing our offshore installations for a safe dismantling process.
You will be responsible for planning, executing and finalizing ship recycling project according to established timelines, budgets and quality standards. Your task will be to ensure that communication between clients, operation and subcontractors is aligned to have a smooth process.
- Together with our Operations Cleaning Manager, evaluate flow diagrams and P&ID’s for identifying suitable mapping points to be able to achieve knowledge of contamination levels.
- Participate in offshore surveys in preparation for mapping and cleaning of process equipment.
- Conduct NORM and Mercury sampling and analysis of results according to internal, national, and international standards and local regulations.
- Evaluate and collect results from internal and external analysis.
- Develop and implement cleaning strategy together and perform QC/QA of cleaned areas.
- Perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to field personnel.
- Continuously monitor and optimize processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and documentation to meet regulatory and client requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, standards, and best practices
- Monitor project progress, track key milestones and proactively identify and resolve any deviations from project plan.
- Conduct regular site inspections to monitor progress, assess compliance and ensuring that the highest safety standards and environmental regulations are followed.
- Assist in preparing progress reports and presentations for clients and auditors.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork, knowledge sharing and ensuring continuous improvement.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's degree or M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in chemical/process engineering.
- Preferably, a background in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of international standards and local regulations related to NORM and Mercury sampling.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process simulation software and data analysis tools.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively.
- Commitment to safety, environmental responsibility, and continuous improvement
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the continuous growth and success of M.A.R.S We offer salary according to qualifications, with benefit package and an excellent work environment.
Submit your application and resume to [email protected] with the subject title “Mapping and Sampling Engineer”
We look forward to hearing from you.