As Finance Manager you will be crucial for the smooth running of the finance function. You must be resourceful, possess strong personal motivational skills, and have excellent communication skills. Building relationships with stakeholders and adopting an involved approach is necessary to succeed in this role. You will need to be flexible and approachable to interact with people at all levels. The ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone buys into the function and works toward its success.
About Kuba Denmark
Kuba Denmark, previously known as Unwire, is an innovative Danish company founded in 2001, specialising in mobility solutions. We are located in Copenhagen, Denmark and have over thirty highly skilled and dedicated employees. Over the last two decades, we have implemented high-quality mobility solutions with leading transportation companies worldwide.
Kuba’s Mobility Platform is a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solution for public transit agencies, cities, and citizens. It aggregates mobility services and enables users to seamlessly plan, book, and pay for their multimodal journeys. The platform combines more than a decade of experience with mobility solutions into a one-stop-shop solution ideal for public transit agencies and cities of any size.
At Kuba, we believe our people are our strength, and we are currently in an exciting period of growth. You will have the chance to grow with us. We encourage curiosity and creativity, and you can use your talent to create an impact, influence our future, and take control of your career.
- Responsibility for the daily finance function, ensuring high quality reporting and control environment.
- Consolidation and preparation of monthly and annual accounts
- Preparation of and ongoing follow-up on budgets and forecasts
- Cash management
- Reporting to management and group finance function based in the UK
- Responsibility for tax reporting
- Preparation of annual budgets and ongoing forecasts and follow-up thereon
- Participate in the daily bookkeeping including customer and partner billings
- Cash flow management, including ongoing follow-up and optimization of working capital
- Preparation of salaries, holiday accounts, etc.
- Month-end reporting and reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts including WIP and capitalized costs
- Preparation and expansion of consolidated monthly reports to the Board of Directors and management, including KPI follow-up
- Ad-hoc reporting as required
- Assist with pricing on offers, calculation of business cases, etc.
- Preparation of audit deliverables and liaison with auditors
- Tax calculation, tax returns and responsibility for current tax matters including VAT in Denmark and Sweden
- Responsible for preparation of Sales and Corporation tax returns in a US company
Success criteria/key objectives
- Independently run a high-quality finance function
- True and fair consolidation and financial statements
- Value-adding controlling activities
- Run an administration that works to the satisfaction of the entire organisation
- Significant experience in consolidation and financial reporting
- Experience with Danish corporate and tax law
- Regional understanding in an international context
- Business understanding
- Good communicator in Danish and English
- Competent and experienced excel user and ERP user
- Proficient IT user
- Autonomy, responsible and takes ownership
- Not afraid to be hands-on. It’s a small business within a larger organisation, so you have to be willing to have your hands down in most things
- Have excellent attention to detail
- An opportunity to be part of a leading Mobility company working for a greener and more sustainable future
- A responsible and independent position in an organization with plenty of opportunities for personal development as the company develops
- Kuba Denmark delivers solutions directly to the green agenda, and with a new ownership (Private Equity based) is in a very exciting development, where there are good opportunities to develop in the position as Finance Manager
- Is a workplace located in Copenhagen’s first climate district and of course, close to public transport
- An organization with a young and informal environment where you get close to the company and to your colleagues
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Laptop, phone and paid internet at the home address
- Healthy and varied lunch arrangement
- A good social environment, including a very active employee club, massage
- offers, table football, game consoles, etc.
- First-class health insurance