With over 165 centres, Fitness World is Denmark's largest fitness chain, which makes it easy for you and everyone else to train every day. That will not change when we change our name from Fitness World to PureGym on 23 May 2023.
PureGym is the smart choice at the right price as we offer high quality gyms at affordable prices. But PureGym is more than just a gym. We will inspire you to take care of your physical and mental health and strive to offer the best framework for your training.
The PureGym Group is the UK’s #1 gym operator with nearly 350 gyms, and the second largest in Europe with over 500 gyms. Furthermore, we have recently launched in the Middle East and the USA, expanding our geographic reach. At the end of 2021 we secured an equity injection of £300m from new shareholders KKR, giving us significant funding to fulfil our ambitious growth plans across the Group.
This is a high-profile leadership role within the business with overall responsibility for Financial Accounting at the Danish office in Valby. The Head of Finance is part of the Danish Extended Management Team and an important partner across the business.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Ownership of the full Financial Reporting Cycle, including monthly management accounts, consolidation, annual statutory reporting and other Danish business financial inputs for PureGym Group.
- Leading the local audit and provision of Danish business information for PureGym Group audit.
- Providing relevant, timely financial reporting to business partners to enable cost visibility and control.
- Delivering efficient and effective Finance Operations including Accounts Payable, Cash & Banking, Fixed Assets and Stock Accounting, and elements of the Revenue and Accounts Receivable process.
- All local Tax compliance including Corporation Tax, sales and employment tax and transfer pricing.
- Maintaining and enhancing a robust financial controls framework.
- Finance Ownership of the Danish finance systems (Navision and related tools inc. Continia, Acubiz) and member of IT advisory board. Finance owner of elements of the group reporting tool IBM Planning & Analytics, partnering local Danish Commercial Finance.
- Other ad hoc reporting as required including cash flow forecasting, national statistics etc.
- Lead the financial accounting team of 7; motivating and managing, prioritising inputs, developing individuals and reviewing outputs.
In addition, the Head of Finance will also be a critical point of contact for the Danish Business with other Group functions, for example Group Reporting, Tax, Procurement, Internal Audit and working closely with other special project functions when subject matter expertise is required.
An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with proven experience in a Head of Finance role, ideally within an international company.
Key attributes of the individual will include:
- A qualified accountant with at least 7 years post qualified experience.
- Experience of IFRS accounting standards, in particular IFRS16 (leases), and Danish GAAP.
- Experience of Danish Tax compliance and transfer pricing.
- Minimum 4 years’ management experience and able to motivate a team to deliver excellent results.
- Experienced user of Finance Systems including Navision, other Microsoft tools, IBM Planning & Analytics.
- A willingness to proactively challenge the status quo, underpinned by a strong understanding of control and reporting frameworks
- A strong focus on delivering results with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a collaborative approach and an ability to build strong business relationships
- Experience with dealing with multiple stakeholders of various seniority levels and confident in managing these relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written English
- Competitive pay-package
- Hybrid working
- A truly flexible working culture
- Free Gym membership for you in all of our Danish centres
- Company pension contribution
- Personal private healthcare
- Online Doctor at your hand 24/7
- Great Learning & Development Resources
Send your application today!
Send your application and CV today through the link and by the 30th of June 2023 at the latest. We are taking interviews on an ongoing basis and will close the job advert when the right candidate has been found, so don't hesitate to apply for the position.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Zelda Hansson (Finance Director) at [email protected].
If you are curious to know more about a career in PureGym, then read more here.