Duties and Responsibilities
AfYWL Fellowship Programme
Support the third cohort recruitment process for the AYWL Fellowship Programme, as follows:
1. First and second phase screening of candidates Support first phase screening, including screening and verification of applications against minimum eligibility requirements as per the vacancy announcement. Support second phase screening, including collaboration with external test provider on organizing a strengths-based test, and undertaking qualitative review of applications based on eligibility requirements, diversity considerations and additional assets (250 candidates to be identified). Prepare regular monitoring reports with key data on applicant pool, including nationality, age, academic degrees
2. Third and fourth phase screening of candidates Support third phase screening, including review of technical assessment in collaboration with RBA identified assessors (150 candidates to be selected) Support fourth phase screening, including organisation of pre-recorded video interviews, preparation of interview questions and compilation of interview reports (50-60 candidates to be selected for a Roster) Solicit and verify reference checks. Prepare and maintain selection records. Act as focal point for communication with candidates in process, RBA and relevant other stakeholders.?
3. Final selection of candidates for roster Support finalization of pool of candidates for the AYWL Cohort 3 Roster. Support proposed matching of candidates against positions (2 candidates per position) for presentation to RBA. Facilitate the presentation/selection of candidates in collaboration with RBA and hiring offices for final identification of successful candidates. Communicate outcome with successful and not successful candidates. Initiate support for onboarding of Cohort 3.
4. Young Professionals Programme: Support the operationalization of the UNDP assessment and selection framework for young professionals, including vetting of templates, update of selection documents, incorporating lessons learned and support communication. Support JPO recruitment processes, including organizing and facilitating interviews, including pre-recorded interviews, collecting and verification of references and interacting with candidates.
5. UN-Donors Meeting on the JPO Programme: Support the TAPP Operations Associate in the logistical preparations for the meeting, including list of participants, responding to queries, preparation of meeting package and guidance notes for participants, delivery of sessions etc.
Output 1: AfYWL Fellowship Programme - First and second phase screening of candidates
15 June – 15 August 2023 (30 working days)
First payment: Upon delivery of preliminary list of candidates for the second phase on-line test.
Second payment: Upon delivery of final list of 250 candidates
15 August 2023
Output 2: AfYWL Fellowship Programme - Third and fourth phase screening of candidates
16 August – 15 October 2023
(20 working days)
Upon delivery of list of Fully Recommended candidates for roster
15 October 2023
Output 3: AfYWL Fellowship Programme - Final selection of candidates for roster
16 October – 30 November 2023
(10 working days)
Upon finalization and establishment of Roster Pool for matching.
30 November 2023
Output 4: Organisation of the UN Organisations – Donors Meeting on the JPO Programme
1 July – 1 November 2023
(20 working days)
Upon successful completion of the meeting
1 November 2023
Output 5: Young Professionals Programme – Recruitment
15 June – 15 January
(20 working days)
15 January 2023
IV. Reporting and Working Arrangements The consultant will report to the HR Specialist People Programmes, Office of Human Resources (OHR/TAPP) The consultancy will be based in UN City, Copenhagen with regular meetings with the HR Specialist. The consultant will hold virtual meetings will key stakeholders as applicable, hereunder RBA Project Manager and hiring offices. The consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables as specified above.
Competencies Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills. Excellent communication skills. Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently under tight deadlines and high-volume information. Strong service and team-work orientation; cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-national environment. Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to learning. Commitment to UNDP vision, mission, and values and knowledge of UN work environment an advantage
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Bachelor Degree or higher in HR, Business, Political, Social Sciences or other related field
Experience: Experience with administration/coordination of recruitment processes, including interview coordination-, reporting and reference-taking. Prior experience from an international organization/UN will be considered a strong asset. Experience with recruitment of young professionals in an international organization. Experience with logistics pertaining conference support and coordination. Knowledge of managing of large data (excel or statistical software).
Language : Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
VI. Application Procedure
Candidates are requested to submit an application including: 1) a P.11/CV outlining previous experience in areas related to this Terms-of-Reference, and 2) a brief financial proposal including a daily fee and costs of travel home country – Copenhagen – home country.
Given the short-term and time-bound nature of this consultancy, a desk review will be conducted to determine the final candidate.
Kindly use this form as a template for your Financial proposal and confirmation of interest:
Evaluation process and contract award
The selection of the best offer from the candidates will be based on a combined scoring method – where the technical criteria -qualifications and experience will be weighted a maximum (70%) of 70 points and the Financial criteria will be weighted a maximum (30%) of 30 points out of 100 points. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of the pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Criteria for the selection of the best offer:
Technical evaluation (desk review) - Total 70% (70 points): Experience with administration/coordination of recruitment processes, including interview coordination-, reporting and reference-taking (35 points) Experience with logistics pertaining conference/workshop support and coordination (10 points). Experience with young professional recruitment (20 points) Prior experience with an international organization/UN (5 points) Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (5 points)
Financial evaluation – Total 30% (30 points)
VII. Working arrangements
The location of the consultancy will be in Copenhagen/Denmark and UNDP will provide office space, working equipment, access to internet and a printer during the assignment.
VIII. Payment modality
Payments are to be made based on an all-inclusive fee and upon delivery of the services specified above and deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.
For the General Conditions of contracts for the Services of Individual Contractors, see: