Are you ready to seize a new opportunity at Flying Tiger Copenhagen combining design, development, and commercial skills? Would you like to make your mark on the product assortment in a global retailer with international reach? Maybe, you have the profile we are looking for at Flying Tiger Copenhagen!
In this exciting position as Product Manager (Buyer), you will be responsible for developing and creating a specific product assortment within the Party category which encompasses all the key elements our customers require to have the perfect party from fun decorations to great dress up items.
As manager of this product category, you will be aligning product assortment with the commercial and company vision, through a clear understanding of our consumers in all markets and channels.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues throughout the business working to simplify operations and generate speed – and creating products that are in line with the unique Flying Tiger Copenhagen brand.
You will be part of a large and engaged Product team and report directly to the Head of Category. We are all based at our vibrant and international head office in the heart of Copenhagen.
These are the main tasks of the position:
- End-to-end responsible for on-time development of product and packaging across Campaign & Core Assortments.
- Collaboration cross-category to maximize campaigns and ensure common ways of working and alignment.
- Using design direction, market data, trend insights and historical information in conjunction with the Merchandise Planning and Procurement Teams to develop a category assortment.
- Working close together with our Design department to ensure alignment with the commercial stories and the right look & feel of our products.
- Responsible for checking copyright with Legal, and regulatory requirements with external partners, and with Compliance to ensure all our products are safe and compliant.
- Negotiate and build relations with suppliers, conduct vendors’ visits and work with key suppliers to continuously improve products.
- Attend fairs/supplier showrooms/trend sites/stores and websites/different markets and competitors to ensure best assortment of products.
- Ensure that the products have the right space and look in store by working with Visual Merchandising and Packaging.
- Align the campaign collection ensuring that the agreed balance of unique product and newness, both in products and categories is created to ensure we continue to deliver inspiring products.
- Together with Head of Category and Category Manager, lead the category performance ensuring sales revenue, profit, and productivity meet revenue targets.
This is you:
- Proven experience from a buying department or a relevant product position is essential.
- Previous experience within the Party category is advantageous but not essential.
- Resilience when faced with challenging situations.
- An open mind and ability to look at both sides of the coin while dealing with ambiguity and can make on the spot decisions through gut instincts and data.
- Great organizational skills and ability to perform and adapt to a high demand, time-sensitive, fast-paced changing environment.
- Positive attitude, proactivity, and a tenacious character.
- Team player at heart – you have a sense of ownership of your tasks, but you can see the bigger picture and can work in and for the team.
- Problem-solving oriented and forward thinking with a lot of drive and self-motivation.
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately at speed.
- Organized and structured with a strong sense of responsibility for your own and the team’s overall performance.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English (both written and spoken).
- Relevant buying education or other relevant education.
- You are a fan of our products and the overall brand concept.
This is us:
As part of the Product team at Flying Tiger Copenhagen you will get nearly 40 dedicated colleagues motivated by developing the most unique, quirky, fun, and relevant products, you didn’t know existed.
We are a highly international department, always in close collaboration with key stakeholders in Denmark, our Shanghai office, or the global retail organization.
Flying Tiger Copenhagen is a company with strong values founded in Scandinavian culture. We want to be fun and relevant, and we put our hearts into everything we do.
Flying Tiger Copenhagen offers:
- Probably the best location – right at the heart of Copenhagen.
- Flexible work environment with the opportunity of working from home.
- Special discounts in our Danish Flying Tiger Copenhagen stores.
- Attractive pension plan and private health insurance – also including children.
- International, dynamic work environment founded in Scandinavian culture.
- Delicious restaurant food in our own canteen everyday – including cake on Thursdays.
- A social, fun, and informal workplace with parties, Friday bars, staff club etc.
- Celebration and many other occasions to eat cake.
- And much more…