The Novo Nordisk Foundation CO2 Research Center is looking for a systems modelling scientist to join our head quarter at Aarhus University.
Expected start date and duration of employment
This is 3 year position from 1 November 2023 or as soon as possible. Job description
The candidate will develop and apply models to evaluate the scalability of CO2-capture and conversion technologies. These include techno-economic analysis. life cycle analysis, and system modelling approaches. The candidate will collaborate with other researchers at CORC and partners to define the technologies to be evaluated and strategies to be employed.Your profile
- PhD in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Economics or similar
- Experience with Python
- Good writing and communication skills in English
- The candidate must show initiative and collaborate in teamwork
- A good understanding of the CO2 capture and conversion technologies and economics will be positively evaluated
- Experience with other programming languages, open-software development, project managing with Github and high-performance computing clusters is not mandatory but will be positively evaluated.
Who we are
The Novo Nordisk Foundation CO2 Research Center (CORC) is a newly established, mission‐oriented center based at Aarhus University. The center’s purpose is to develop novel science for carbon capture and conversions for storage or utilization to replace fossil carbon and fossil fuel‐intensive processes with sustainable, CO2‐based technologies. In the secretariat, we are a small international team of eight people. We support the Center’s ten research groups at Aarhus University and other institutions nationally and internationally. In total, the center encompasses more than 40 researchers. See more here.
What we offer
- A varied workday with daily contact to many different people in an international and creative research environment
- A professional, but informal work environment
- Possibility for skill development
Place of work and area of employment
The place of work is Gustav Wieds Vej 10c, 8000 Aarhus C, and the area of employment is Aarhus University with affiliated institutions. Contact information
For further information, please contact: Mette Kirkegaard, Director of Administration and Finance, at +45 9352 2602 or [email protected]. Deadline
Applications must be received no later than 19 September 2023. Formalities and salary range
Salary and terms as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and the Confederation of Professional Unions.
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website. Aarhus University
Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 38,000 students (FTEs) and 8,300 employees, and has an annual revenues of EUR 935 million. Learn more at www.international.au.dk/