Abiomed is an innovative medical device company with an inspiring mission "Patients first." and a unique guiding company principle "Regenerating hearts. Saving lives." With 1,800 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan and Singapore.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
Job Title: Therapy & Business Development Manager Nordics
Department: Commercial Team
Reports To: Sales Director DACH/Nordics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Field Based
Abiomed, a rapidly growing medical device company, is looking for a passionate and experienced Therapy & Business Development Manager. This role is key to Abiomed’s adoption and outcome improvement strategies for our Business. Our products have continued to expand in Cath Labs and surgical suites across the US, EMEA and Japan. With our continued success, we are looking to expand our field team. This role will be responsible for delivering enhanced value and impact of our Impella® product portfolio to physicians, hospital staff and distribution partners.
- Therapy Development: The main goal of the Therapy & Business Development Manager is to establish Impella & Heart Recovery as new Standard of Care in the Nordic region. This will be achieved through establishing our brand and through training MDs & hospital staff about the appropriate use of Impella ensuring excellent clinical outcomes.
- Account Management/ Account Training: Enable and drive our patient growth and clinical performance in key centers throughout the Nordic Region for all our indications (by priority). Coordinate our strategy with distributors, implement/lead clinical activities and establish a transparent case reporting like our direct distribution markets. Initiate and coordinate Abiomed customer training programs to develop/expand physician skills to drive the Impella adoption in active sites as well in new sites. Establish new Abiomed Centers of Excellence within the Nordic region.
- Patient Support: Improve patient outcomes constantly by implementing latest Abiomed clinical strategies, supporting clinical staff within the cathlab, OR and ICU. Perform After Action Review’s with MD’s following each case. Establish peer-to-peer networks across the region to share best practices.
Plan regular visits to all institutions with active Impella programs to monitor activity and collect clinically relevant data.
- Distribution partners support: Establish strong relationships to our distribution partners in the Nordic Region. Execute quarterly strategy meetings and After Action Reviews to monitor progress and to ensure continuous learning and improvement. Ensure communication with distribution partners to align & ensure that they meet Abiomed’s expectations (Operational Plan and clinical/training/case reporting commitments).
- Clinical/technical experience in fields of heart surgery interventional cardiology or intensive care
- 5+ years of direct patient support in a Cath Lab, ICU, or CCU required, preferably in MCS technologies
- Existing strong relationships with KOLs (Heart Surgery, Heart Failure Cardiologists)
- Experience delivering demonstrations and successful trainings
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Ability to travel 80%+ within region required
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in distribution countries in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.