At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
The Vice President of Global Digital Strategy & Transformation is a pivotal leadership role at Genmab, dedicated to steering the company through a bold journey of digital evolution. This role is crucial in shaping and driving Genmab's vision for a digital future, particularly as we march towards our vision. Our objective is to transform Genmab into a digitally sophisticated company, using powerful digital technologies and AI to revolutionize our approach to early science, speed up the development of our medicines, and enhance engagement with our customers - the patients and healthcare providers.
The Vice President of Global Digital Strategy & Transformation will report directly to the SVP and Global Head of Information Technology & Digital, playing a strategic role in the IT & Digital Leadership Team and joining the CEO’s Global Leadership Team.
This role is not just a job but an opportunity to be at the forefront of digital innovation in a dynamic, fast-paced industry, driving Genmab towards a digitally advanced future. This role is based out of Genmab's HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark and is hybrid.
The key responsibilities for this role will be, but not limited to:
- Digital Leadership: Lead the development and implementation of Genmab's comprehensive digital strategy, ensuring it aligns with our overall business objectives and high-reaching vision.
- IT&D Transformation Champion: Partner in building out our IT & Digital organization into a product-based powerhouse. Drive a modern approach to testing and validation, speeding our product-based delivery while reducing risk. Be the SME for new technologies such as quantum, blockchain, etc. and how these technologies can positively impact our business.
- Organizational Change Agent: Drive the digital transformation across the organization, applying breakthrough digital technologies and AI to reshape how Genmab operates as a company.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work in tandem with key business lines, including R&D, Commercialization, and Enabling Functions, to identify digital opportunities, formulate strategic and tactical plans, and implement them to deliver high-impact, customer-centric digital solutions.
- Team Management and Development: Lead an impactful but initially modest size team within the IT & Digital Leadership Team, fostering an environment of innovation and continuous improvement. Develop plans for expansion in and beyond.
- Executive Partnership: Collaborate closely with Genmab’s CEO’s Global Leadership Team, contributing strategic insights and operational expertise in digital transformation.
- External Executive: Represent Genmab at technical conference, sharing our views and accomplishments, chipping in to Genmab as a talent magnet for Digital/AI careers. Seek out partnerships with innovative companies and educational institutions.
- Reports to the SVP, Global Head of IT & Digital
- Our CEO, business unit executives, and functional team leaders in Research, Development and Commercialization
- Board level presentations
- Peers at the ITDLT and other IT&D staff
- Partners and contract staff
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, master’s level degree preferred.
- Hands-on Leadership: Willing to dig in, own actions, lead initiatives versus just an orchestrator of activities.
- Validated Experience: Extensive experience in a senior leadership role with a track record in driving digital strategy and transformation in a complex, global organization.
- Strategic Vision: Ability to envision and articulate a clear digital future aligned with the company’s overall objectives and the evolving digital landscape.
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of digital technologies, AI, and their application in accelerating business processes and customer engagement.
- Collaborative Leadership: Strong capability to work across functions, inspiring and influencing teams and collaborators to adopt and implement digital initiatives.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication abilities to articulate vision, strategy, and complex digital concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Global Mentality: Experience in leading digital initiatives and teams on a global scale, with an understanding of diverse business cultures and practices.
- Strategic Analysis & Execution: Proficiency in analytical thinking and strategic planning, with a focus on execution.
- Digital Technology Expertise: Deep understanding of current and emerging digital technologies, and the ability to lead their adoption.
- Eye For Business: Strong knowledge of the industry and enterprise, particularly in Research and Development.
- Influencing & Decision Making: Exceptional skills in influencing without direct authority and making informed decisions for major initiatives.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Excellent verbal, written, and presentation abilities, coupled with strong social skills for partnership and negotiation.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.